It's a family's worst nightmare, and it's happening far too often in this country.
这是一个家庭最可怕的噩梦,而且它在这个国家发生得太频繁了。
Far too often.
太频繁了。
While we gather more information, there's one thing we do know to be true.
我们收集了更多的信息,有一件事是千真万确的。
We have to do something to stop gun violence, ripping apart our communities.
我们必须做些什么来阻止撕裂我们社区的枪支暴力。
Ripping apart.
它撕裂了我们社区。
And today marks five years, five years to the day that 14 students and three educators lost their lives in Parkland, Florida.
今天是佛罗里达州帕克兰市14名学生和3名教育工作者丧生的5周年祭。
I met every one of those families, spent time with them all.
我与每个遇害者家属都见过面,和他们一起度过了一段时间。
And a lot of you here have to confront violence in your communities every single day.
在座的许多人每天都要面对社区中发生的暴力事件。
We took a big step toward passing the most significant bipartisan gun legislation in 30 years.
我们朝着两党达成30年来最重要的枪支立法迈出了一大步。
Ghost guns and other things, background checks.
幽灵枪和其他东西,背景调查。
But there's a lot more work to do and I'm committing to getting it done with all of you.
但还有更多的工作要做,我承诺与你们所有人一起完成这项工作。
Some of you know I - that - and I'm gonna say something that’s always controversial, but there is no rationale for assault weapons and magazines that hold 50, 70 bullets.
你们中的一些人知道我——我要说一些长期以来一直存在争议的事情,但攻击性武器和装有50、70发子弹的弹夹应该是受到控制的。