手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

食物是如何到达我们的胃的?(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, everybody!

嗨,大家好!

Squeaks and I were just reading some of the amazing questions we get from kids like you.

我和吱吱刚刚读了一些来自像你这样的孩子的奇妙问题。

Squeaks loves learning the answers to your questions, so he wanted us to talk about them today.

吱吱喜欢了解你问题的答案,所以他想让我们今天谈谈这些问题。

Isn’t that right?

这不对吧?

Haha, okay.

哈哈,好吧。

Let’s get started.

让我们开始吧。

Here’s a good one about what makes a year a year.

这里有一个关于如何使一年成为一年的绝妙例子。

Holiday, age 7 asks: How are years or days decided?

7岁的郝来德问:年或天是怎么决定的?

Those are some interesting thoughts, Squeaks!

吱吱,这是一些有趣的想法!

Why can’t a year be different?

为什么一年不能有所不同?

Maybe we could make the cold winters shorter.

也许我们可以缩短寒冷的冬天。

Or make summer longer so we have more time to play in the sun.

或者延长夏天,这样我们就有更多的时间在阳光下玩耍。

And why can’t a day be different?

为什么每一天都不能有所不同?

Who says nights have to be so long and dark?

谁说夜晚一定要那么长那么黑?

Well, I hate to break it to you, pal.

我也不想打击你,伙计。

But that’s just the way our Planet Earth works!

但这就是我们地球的运作方式!

That’s right!

对!

As our planet travels through space, that’s what decides both years and days.

当我们的星球在太空中运动时,这决定了年和天。

You see, our planet goes around the Sun in big loops.

你看,我们的星球绕着太阳转大圈。

Every time we complete one loop, that’s one year.

每完成一圈,就是一年。

A year is Earth doing a loop-the-loop around the Sun!

一年是地球绕着太阳转一圈!

Yes, every loop-the-loop we go through the four seasons of spring, summer, fall, and winter.

是的,每转一圈我们都要经历春、夏、秋、冬四个季节。

That’s because the Earth doesn’t sit straight up and down in space. It’s a little bit tilted.

这是因为地球在太空中运动不是直上直下的。有点倾斜。

The part of the Earth we’re on sometimes tilts towards the Sun.

我们所在的地球有时会向太阳倾斜。

When we’re tilted towards the Sun, it’s a little bit warmer.

当我们向太阳倾斜时,温度会稍微高一些。

But that tilt stays the same while Earth goes around its loop, until where we are is tilted away from the Sun instead.

但当地球绕轨运行时,这种倾斜是不变的,直到我们所在的位置远离太阳为止。

When we’re tilted away, it’s a little cooler.

当我们斜向一边时,温度会低一些。

That means the four seasons happen every time we do a loop!

这意味着我们每次转圈就会出现四季!

Well, the days are a little different,but they also happen because we live on a planet that travels through space.

好吧,日的出现则有点不同,但它们发生的另一个原因是我们生活在一个穿越太空的星球上。

You see, right now, the Earth is spinning around!

你看,现在,地球在旋转!

Oh, it doesn’t feel like spinning on a playground ride.

这感觉可不像在游乐场兜风。

Imagine how confusing that would be!

想象一下那会有多混乱!

But as the Earth spins, sometimes the part we’re on faces the Sun and sometimes it faces away.

但随着地球自转,我们所在的地区有时面对着太阳,有时背对着太阳。

When we face the Sun, we can see sunlight. That’s daytime.

当我们面对太阳时,我们可以看到阳光。这是白天。

When we face away, the sunlight doesn’t reach us. That’s nighttime.

当我们背对着太阳时,阳光就照不到我们身上。这是夜间。

So the length of the day is just Earth spinning around once!

所以一天的长度等于地球自转一次!

Yep, we spin AND we do the loop-the-loops.

是的,我们旋转,我们转圈圈。

Earth is a pretty good dancer.

地球是一个很好的舞者。

And it gives us both years and days.

地球旋转让我们有了年和日。

Whew, all this dancing makes me thirsty.

哇,跳得我都渴了。

I think I need a drink of water.

我想我需要喝点水。

I’m okay, Squeaks!

我很好,吱吱!

Sorry I scared you.

抱歉吓到你了。

My drink just went down the wrong tube.

我的饮料流错管子了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
tilt [tilt]

想一想再看

vt. (使)倾斜
vi. 抨击,争论

 
spin [spin]

想一想再看

v. (使)旋转,疾驰,纺织,结网,眩晕
n.

 
thirsty ['θə:sti]

想一想再看

adj. 口渴的,渴望的

 
tilted

想一想再看

adj. 倾斜的,翘起的 v. 使倾斜(tilt的过去分

 
confusing [kən'fju:ziŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 使人困惑的,令人费解的 动词confuse的现

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。