This is Everyday Grammar. I'm John Russell.
这里是《每日语法》节目。我是约翰·罗素。
Do you like scary movies?
你喜欢看恐怖电影吗?
I love scary movies even though a lot of them have a similar story.
我喜欢看,即使它们的情节很相似。
For example, a group of people get stuck in a scary old building.
比如,一群人被困在一座可怕的老旧建筑里。
Ben isn't coming back, is he?
本不会回来了,对吗?
No, I don't think he's coming back.
是的,我觉得他不会回来了。
This common situation from scary movies is the subject of today's grammar lesson.
这个恐怖电影中的常见场景就是我们今天语法课的主题。
"Come back" is a common phrasal verb.
“回来”是个常见的动词短语。
It combines the verb "come" with the particle "back".
它由动词“来”和小品词“回”组合而成。
Together, these words mean return.
合在一起,意思是“回来”。
In the example I gave you, the speakers meant that Ben would not come back or return to a place.
在上面我举的例子中,说话人的意思就是本不会回到这个地方了。
But you can also come back to a discussion topic.
另外你还可以说回到讨论主题。
Imagine you are watching a debate between two American politicians.
想象你正在看美国两党辩论。
They keep talking about the same issue - education or the economy, for example.
他们一直在谈论同一个主题——教育或者科技,举个例子。
I disagree with you.
我不同意你说的话。
I know what the American people want.
我知道美国人们想要什么。
I don't think you do.
我不认为你知道。
Look, I keep coming back to this point.
看,我不停地回到这个主题。
In the debate, you heard one speaker say "coming back to this point".
在辩论中,你听到一方说“回到主题”。
The words "to this point" suggest that the speaker is talking about returning to something that was said earlier.
词组“到这个主题”意味着,说话人正在说要回到之前讨论的事情上。
So the next time you hear "come back", you can think of scary movies and political debates.
所以下一次你听到“回来”,你会想到恐怖电影或者政治辩论。
I guess they have something in common!
我想他们两者之间是有共同点的!
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。