Everyone, Laci Green here for dnews.
大家好,我是Laci Green,欢迎大家收看本期的DNews视频。
So I'm one of those people that's really drawn to scary stuff.
说起来,我也是特别喜欢恐怖的那种人。
I really like horror movies and rollercoasters and haunted houses.
恐怖片、过山车,鬼屋什么的我都特别喜欢。
Basically, anything that'll scare the shit out on me, count me in.
基本上,凡是能把我吓尿的东西,你都可以算我一个。
Apparently, people who are really into horror stuff are usually thrill-seeking personality types,
很明显,钟情于恐怖的人通常都属于喜欢追求刺激的性格类型,
which I never really thought of myself as.
但我一直都不觉得我自己是这种类型。
Thrill-seeking to me it's like not wearing my helmet while I ride a bike.
在我看来,追求刺激就好比骑自行车不戴头盔。
But about 30% of population is estimated to be thrill-seekers.
但据估计,大约30%的人都是喜欢追求刺激的性格类型。
And then on the opposite end is 30% of people just actively avoid anything scary, like keep me away from it.
还有30%的人恰恰相反,他们是会主动避开所有可怕的东西,他们就是那种“离我远点儿”类型的人。
And the people in the middle, they're like, yeah, maybe once in a while, not too much, in moderation.
而介于这二者之间的是,嗯,偶尔看看还行,看的不太多,适中的类型。
Sort of interesting to me to think about the concept of liking feeling fear.
喜欢感受恐惧这点对我来说还挺有意思的。
Fear is a negative emotion, right?
恐惧是一种负面情绪,对吧?
So, why do we like it so much?
那我们为什么还这么喜欢呢?
Science has some answers.
对此,科学给出了几个答案。
One of the big theories is that by having these intense experiences to be removed from our day to day life,
其中,最主流的观点是感受恐惧能帮助我们释放每天的紧张情绪,
or like watching a zombie eat dudes face off, blood squirting everywhere,
比如,看僵尸吃人的脸,吃的血喷得到处都是的时候,
and you're totally not thinking about the fight you just have with your boyfriend,
什么烦心事统统都会被忘到九霄云外,什么和男朋友吵架啦,
all this stuff that happened at work,
工作上那些破事儿啦,
you're not thinking, oh, my god, I have so much homework to do, I'm about to fail my test tomorrow.
你也不会想着,完了完了,我还有好多作业没做,或者明天的考试考不过怎么办之类的。
It's an escape.
算是一种逃避吧。
Another theory is that horror movies, when we watch them together, allow us to fulfill gender roles.
另一种说法是,和朋友一起看恐怖电影能帮助我们发挥各自的性别角色。
When we get scared, it's very huggy, cuddly.
害怕的时候,我们会很渴望拥抱。
And it's an opportunity for the women, usually, to be the damsel in distress.
这时,女性就可以表现出一副惹人心疼惹人怜的模样啊。
All the guys like, 'don't worry, I got you' or if you like me, you can cover your boyfriend who's cowering a bright.
男生就能表现出一副“别怕别怕,有我在”的模样,又或者,如果你跟我一样(就喜欢恐怖),那你也可以顺势抱抱你胆小的男朋友。
But, filling those roles feels good, man.
不过,扮演这些角色感觉还是挺好的。
There's also a theory that by watching these monsters and bad guys duke it out on screen,
还有一种理论认为,观看恐怖片里的怪物或者坏人在屏幕上大打出手,
we can project our own ideas of evil and wrongdoing onto them.
我们也可以借机把我们自己那些邪恶、错误的想法投射到他们身上。
And then when we watch them get crushed, there's a huge beatdown.
看到他们被打败,被打得满地找牙,
We're like, yeah, evil destroyed.
我们就会有种,“耶,邪恶被摧毁了”的快感。
But, the main theory about why fear is fun is actually more physiological.
不过,关于恐惧为什么会给我们带来乐趣这一问题,主流的理论其实更多的是跟生理学有关。
See, it's not the fear itself that we like.
事实上,我们喜欢的并不是恐惧这种感觉本身。
It's the excitement that happens and the wave of relief we get afterwards.
而是恐惧之后那种兴奋和宽慰的感觉。
In case studies, researchers have found that when people are walking out of horror movies or a haunted house,
研究人员通过案例研究发现,人们看完恐怖片走出电影院或是走出鬼屋的时候,
you don't remember the fear that they felt, you remember the thrill, the excitement.
留下的并不是恐惧的感觉,而是兴奋、刺激的感觉。
All of that excitement comes from a little hormone called adrenaline.
所有这些兴奋感都来自一种叫做肾上腺素的激素。
You may have heard of it.
你可能已经听说了,
A new study released recently actually found that when this adrenaline is pumping through your body,
最近发布的一项研究发现,当你体内的肾上腺素水平升高,
and you're watching a horror movie, you burn more calories.
而你正在看恐怖片时,你体内燃烧的卡路里(热量)也会更多。
Scientists figure this out by having a bunch of people watch horror movies
科学家们得出这一结论是因为他们找来了一群人观看恐怖片,
and then monitoring their heart rate or oxygen intake or co2 production.
然后监测他们的心率、氧气摄入量,二氧化碳释放量。
Watching some horror films is actually the same as a mild workout.
其实,看恐怖片燃烧的卡路里大致相当于进行一次温和的锻炼。
The top three calorie burning horror films were the Shining at 184 calories, 161 calories for Jaws, and The Exorcist was 158.
卡路里消耗排名前三的恐怖片分别是《闪灵》(184卡路里)、《大白鲨》”(161卡路里)和《驱魔人》(158卡路里)。
So, if you're looking for excuse to skip the gym, sit on your butt, science banned it for you.
所以,如果你想找个借口不去健身房,那就乖乖坐着,科学帮你搞定。
What will we do without science?
没有科学我们可怎么办啊?
Alright, y'all, I want to know if you're like me and you dig the horror films or if you're one of those people that's like ya, no.
好了,各位,我想知道,你们是不是也和我一样喜欢恐怖片呢?还是那种“恐怖片啊,我拒绝”的朋友呢?
Let me know down below and don't forget to subscribe for more dnews updates.
快来评论中告诉我吧,还有,别忘了订阅,收看更多更新噢。