手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 世界上最伟大的推销员 > 正文

世界上最伟大的推销员(MP3+中英字幕) 第49期:万能的主啊,帮助我吧!

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

The Scroll Marked X

羊皮卷之十
Who is of so little faith
即使没有信仰的人,
that in a moment of great disaster or heartbreak has not called to his God
遇到灾难的时候,不是也呼求神的保佑吗?
Who has not cried out when confronted with danger,
一个人在面临危险、
death, or mystery beyond his normal experience or comprehension?
死亡或一些从未见过或无法理解的神秘之事时,不曾失声大喊吗?
From where has this deep instinct come which escapes from the mouth of all living creatures in moments of peril?
每一个生灵在危险的刹那都会脱口而出的这种强烈的本能是由何而生的呢?

tuixiao1701.jpg

Move your hand in haste before another's eyes and his eyelids will blink.

把你的手在别人眼前出其不意地挥一下,你会发现他的眼睑本能地一眨;
Tap another on his knee and his leg will jump.
在他的膝盖上轻轻一击,他的腿会跳动;
Confront another with dark horror and his mouth will say, "My God"
他会本能地大叫一声“天啊”,
from the same deep impulse.
如果你在黑暗中吓一个朋友的话。
My life need not be filled with religion
不管你有没有宗教信仰,
in order for me to recognize this greatest mystery of nature.
这些自然现象谁也无法否认。
All creatures that walk the earth,
世上的所有生物,
including man, possess the instinct to cry for help.
包括人类,都具有求助的本能。
Why do we possess this instinct, this gift?
为什么我们会有这种本能,这种恩赐呢?
Are not our cries a form of prayer?
我们发出的喊声,不是一种祈祷的方式吗?
Is it not incomprehensible in a world governed by nature's laws
人们无法理解,在一个受自然法则统治的世界里,
to give a lamb, or a mule, or a bird, or man the instinct to cry out for help
上苍将这种求救的本能赐予了羊、驴子、小鸟、人类,
lest some great mind has also provided that the cry should be heard by some superior power
同时也规定这种求救的声音应被一种超凡的力量听到
having the ability to hear and to answer our cry?
并做出回应。
Henceforth I will pray,
从今往后,我要祈祷,
but my cries for help will only be cries for guidance.
但是我只求指点迷津。
Never will I pray for the material things of the world.
我从不求物质的满足。
I am not calling to a servant to bring me food.
我不祈求有仆人为我送来食物,
I am not ordering an innkeeper to provide me with room.
不求屋舍、
Never will I seek delivery of gold,
金银财宝、
love, good health, petty victories,
爱情、健康、小的胜利、
fame, success, or happiness.
名誉、成功或者幸福。
Only for guidance will I pray,
我只求得到指引,
that I may be shown the way to acquire these things,
指引我获得这些东西的途径,
and my prayer will always be answered.
我的祷告都有回音。
The guidance I seek may come,
我所祈求的指引,可能得到,
or the guidance I seek may not come,
也可能得不到,
but are not both of these an answer?
但这两种结果不都是一种回音?
If a child seeks bread from his father
如果一个孩子问爸爸要面包,
and it is riot forthcoming
面包没有到手,
has not the father answered?
这不也是父亲的答复吗?
I will pray for guidance,
我要祈求指导,
and I will pray as a salesman, in this manner
以一个推销员的身份来祈祷
Oh creator of all things, help me.
万能的主啊,帮助我吧!
For this day I go out into the world naked and alone,
今天,我独自一人,赤条条地来到这个世上,
and without your hand to guide me
没有您的双手指引,
I will wander far from the path which leads to success and happiness.
我将远离通向成功与幸福的道路。
I ask not for gold or garments or even opportunities equal to my ability;
我不求金钱或衣衫,甚至不求适合我能力的机遇,
instead, guide me. so that I may acquire ability equal to my opportunities.
我只求您引导我获得适合机遇的能力。
You have taught the lion and the eagle how to hunt and prosper with teeth and claw.
您曾教狮子和雄鹰如何利用牙齿和利爪觅食。
Teach me how to hunt with words and prosper with love
求您教给我如何利用言辞谋生,如何借助爱心得兴旺,
so that I may be a lion among men and an eagle in the market place.
使我能成为人中的狮子,商场上的雄鹰。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
superior [su:'piəriə]

想一想再看

n. 上级,高手,上标
adj. 上层的,上好

联想记忆
acquire [ə'kwaiə]

想一想再看

vt. 获得,取得,学到

联想记忆
claw [klɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 爪,钳,螯,爪状物
v. 抓,撕

 
ordering ['ɔ:dəriŋ]

想一想再看

n. [计]定序;排序;订购 v. 命令;指挥;订购(o

 
eagle ['i:gl]

想一想再看

n. 鹰
vt. (高尔夫)鹰击

 
guidance ['gaidəns]

想一想再看

n. 引导,指导

 
scroll [skrəul]

想一想再看

n. 卷轴,目录 v. 卷动

联想记忆
blink [bliŋk]

想一想再看

vi. 眨眼,闪烁,屈服,视若无睹 vt. 使眨眼,尽力

 
disaster [di'zɑ:stə]

想一想再看

n. 灾难

联想记忆
confront [kən'frʌnt]

想一想再看

vt. 面临,对抗,遭遇

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。